Monday, May 11, 2009

Ozymandias

Today as I was in the den that Jack had had passed down to me, after the capping of course, and some one came in. A Vagrant named Ozymandias had been following me. I had met him a few days a go when he came wandering in to Wherton. He was a Vagrant and was obviously capped. He started to talk to me and was very friendly, but as soon as my father came to know that his son was becoming friends with a vagrant he wouldn't let me go near the Vagrant House. The Vagrant House is a large building where the Vagrants live in, until they move on to the next village.

Ozymandias asked me if I knew anything about being capped, I answered that I knew most of it. The tripods shave your head then put a silver cap on your head. He told me I was very wrong. I learned that, first, Ozymandias wasn't a Vagrant, he wasn't even capped at all. The piece of metal that he wore was taken from a dead body. He explained that when you are capped the tripods then have control over your mind. He then told me of a place where there were no tripods, it was called the White Mountains. He gave me a map that showed the way to the mountains and also gave me a compass. I now am ready. Ready to make my journey to a land where there are no tripods. A journey to the white mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment